Monday, May 24, 2010

Leftovers: Italian Beef Stir-Fry

Leftovers. We have a love hate relationship. I love having enough for more meals, but I hate eating the same thing over and over. My Steak and Grilled Vegetable Salad from "Mmmm, Meaty Salad" had worn out it's welcome. It needed a face-lift. So for Sunday night dinner, I made what I'll call and Italian Beef Stir Fry. I cut all the ingredients (minus tomatoes) from my previous dinner into bite sized pieces. I also cooked some brown rice. I dumped all of that into a medium hot pan and sauteed with some light Italian dressing. At the last moment I threw in some arugula, just letting it wilt slightly. Topped it all off with some Parmesan cheese and we had a nice "leftover" dinner that felt new.

Guy take: "This is actually good." As if he doubted me.

I counted 6 points for my serving.

I cut some lilacs from Brent's neighbors bush. They livened up his bachelor pad.

An Italian version of a stir fry.

No comments:

Post a Comment