Thursday, May 20, 2010

Italian Scrambled Eggs

I love having breakfast for dinner. Sometimes its the only thing that sounds good. I didn't get enough protein yesterday, so I decided two eggs would help fix that problem. But what to put with them? Aha! I had spinach, parmesan cheese, and some light pasta sauce. If you've never had pasta sauce in your eggs, you're missing out. Might sound gross but I love it!

Italian Scrambled Eggs
2 eggs
1 cup fresh spinach leaves, torn
1 Tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
2 Tbsp light pasta sauce (I used Ragu Light Basil and Tomato)
Salt and pepper
1 tsp dried basil

Heat skillet over medium heat. Add eggs and mix lightly with spatula. When eggs are half way done, add spinach and turn to combine. Once eggs are done and spinach is wilted, add pasta sauce and half the Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste (you might not need as much salt since the Parmesan is salty), toss with spatula until well combined. Serve garnished with basil and remaning cheese.

If you're counting points this is really healthy at only five points. I added two slices of Sara Lee 45 calorie wheat bread for only one more point, so I had a six point dinner that provided protein, vegetables, and carbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment