Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Zucchini Chicken Couscous

The second zucchini recipe for the week also comes from Weight Watchers, but I adapted this a bit since I didn't have mint, but I did have basil leftover from an earlier soup I'd made.

This was also easy to make--I think I had the whole thing ready in about 10 minutes. I bought a rotisserie chicken from the store on Sunday night and used it as the shredded chicken this recipe calls for.

Zucchini Chicken Couscous
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 medium zucchini, sliced
1 tsp fresh grated ginger
1 tsp lemon zest
2 Tbsp fresh chopped basil
4 oz couscous
1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
Salt and pepper to taste

Place medium stock pot over medium high heat. Add first five ingredients and bring to a boil for 2 minutes. Add couscous, stir and remove from heat. Let rest, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork and gently stir in chicken. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Serves 2 for only 6 points each.

Before the couscous step

This tasted light and it was really filling. Next time I think I'll try to find mint as the original recipe suggested since ginger and mint and lemon go so well together. You could also substitute lime for the lemon and add cilantro instead of basil or mint. Easy to mix and match as you please.
Generous helping of the finished dish

No comments:

Post a Comment