Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Spicy Beef Kabobs and Minted Watermelon Salad

The August issue of Real Simple magazine was incredible. I was so inspired by the cover alone that I decided to replicate the two recipes on my own. I was even more pleased to find that the recipes came from a special "3 Ingredient Dishes" section, so I had to purchase very few items to get this beautiful meal.
I added more veggies with additional vegetable kabobs. Also, I couldn't find red jalapeno peppers so I used green ones--and they were HOT. Brent and I couldn't even eat them. Next time I think I'll use green chilies or maybe poblano peppers.

The minted watermelon salad was amazing. I've made it again since this and it was just as good. I'd recommend using a seedless watermelon so you don't have to mess with removing the seeds. It can almost serve as dessert if the melon is sweet enough.

Recipes:
Minted Watermelon Salad
Spicy Beef Kabobs


My finished product

No comments:

Post a Comment