Friday, November 19, 2010

Chimichurri Beef with Orange Cilantro Couscous

I love my job. I say that quite often. Not long ago we got some beef to take home since the freezers were being cleaned out for a new shipment. I got a mixed bag of items including a Schwan's Chimichurri "Marinate on Demand" product that is, sadly, no longer available. So I won't go into that too much, but needless to say, it was really good!

I wanted something to match the chimichurri sauce on the steak, so I opted for something fresh and citrusy. This is based off a Weight Watchers recipe but I used couscous instead of the quinoa they called for.

Orange Cilantro Couscous

1 cup(s) uncooked couscous
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup(s) carrot(s), shredded (I used my vegetable peeler to make ribbons)
1/2 cup(s) scallion(s), sliced
2 tsp ginger root, freshly grated
1/2 cup(s) orange juice, fresh
1/3 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, chopped

Cook couscous according to directions on box.

Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrot, scallions and ginger; cook over medium heat, stirring, until carrots are crisp-tender, about 1 minute. Stir in couscous; cook, stirring, until well mixed.

Remove from heat; stir in orange juice and cilantro and serve. Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.

3 WW points per serving (for couscous alone)

No comments:

Post a Comment