Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Cook's Best Friend

I just had to share this picture I took while I was doing my cooking today. I was in the kitchen for a couple hours, chopping and stirring and making little meatballs (post coming next). I'm sure it smelled delicious. This fellow enjoyed watching until he fell asleep right in the middle of the kitchen floor.

We adopted Porter on January 15th and he's quickly become part of our family. He loves to be close to one of us at all times and will make himself comfortable wherever we are.

When we adopted him, he weighed 103 pounds. His health was at risk and he really needed someone to help him lose weight with diet and exercise. I'm proud to say that he currently weighs about 90 pounds. I consider that a big accomplishment! We just need to lose about 10-15 to be considered healthy for his build.

As a side note, look how shiny and beautiful his coat is! 

No comments:

Post a Comment